I got interested in making cake pops after watching the show on TV. At first, I thought any normal baking equipment will do but I realised after a couple of tries that I do need a specialized tool like the cake pop machine. This is why I decided to buy the cake pop maker. However, this is done only after much research. So, I like to share what I have found and my experiences of using it.
The unit that I bought is from Nostalgia Electrics and the model is called the JFD-100 Cake Pop Donut Hole Bakery. Although it can be used to make donuts, I have used this machine to primary make cake pops, especially the chocolate ones. Yum yum!
Below is how it looks like
How to use the cake pop maker
This cake pop machine is relatively easy to use. It comes with 7 empty slots whereby you can pour in the dough for your cake pops and have the machine bake them. As can seen from the picture above, there are empty slots at both the bottom and the top of the maker. This is what gives the dough its round shape that is necessary for the cake pops.
The size of each cake pop is around a donut size. You need bake the dough for around 5-6 minutes but they will come up light brown on the outside and soft on the inside.
In terms of usage, no fuzz at all. I have used this for a couple of rounds and no complaints so far. The first time you used it, you need to figure the right donut mixture but nothing too overly complex.
What I like about this cake pop maker
After using it for a couple of months, this is what I liked about it and why I continue to use it:
- Easy to use: As mentioned above, there is no complex cooking method to learn and the machine itself it easy to navigate.
- No pre heating needed: This really help to save a lot of time when baking the cake pops
- Easy to clean: All you need to do is let the machine cool down and then use a wet towel to wipe it. No wash and no fuss.
- Bakes really good cake pops: This is one of the most important points for me. The kids love the cake pops so far and they have fun helping me to bake some. I believe I will continue to use it to bake more cake pops for the coming Christmas as well.
- Bakes donuts as well!: I tried to bake donuts and it worked! This donut hole maker can works and creates perfect looking donuts : )
What can be improved
- 7 slots might not be enough if you want to bake many cake pops at once. For a family meal, it should be fine. At least it is for me.
- The recipes that come with the cake pop maker wasn’t that great. It is better to find some other recipes online that offer a better guidance on how to create the donut and the toppings that go with the cake pops.
- The bottom empty slots do not have round holes which means the shape of your cake pops might not be as round as you liked. This is my tips on how to get more rounded cake pops:
- Pour the batter to fill up the empty slots.
- Bake them for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn them upside down so that the their overall shape is more rounded.
- Store them in round shaped storage such as an egg carton so that the cake pops will retain their round shapes.
I don’t regret buying this cake pop maker. It is easy to use and creates great tasting cake pops that my family loves. Prices are reasonable as well and if you buy from Amazon, you will get free shipping.
Hope you find this cake pop maker review useful.
Cake pops not round? Let me reveal a secret that I have been using since I started venturing into cake pops making. I remembered when I first started, most of my cake pops are not round at all. I felt frustrated until I stumbled upon this secret. Now, my friends keep on pestering on how do I make perfectly round cake pops.
The secret is this wonderful appliance caled the cake pop baller that I bought off Amazon. It is cheap (less than USD10) but it makes round cake pops like nothing I have used before.
Best cake pop baller
This is actually a meatball baller. I used it for cake pops as I saw some reviewers on Amazon saying this is really good. In fact, they prefer this meatball baller relative to the actual cake pop baller.
After using it extensively, I really love this little appliance for the things it does so well: make perfectly round cake pops!
Here is what I loved about it:
- Shape is perfectly round
- Batter does not stick to the baller if you mix it with buttercream (Important protip!)
- Making cake pops is easy: just make the ball and put the stick into it. Release the baller and you have a round cake pop!
- Price is unbeaten. I have never seen anything cheaper than this model.
This is my secret to make perfectly round cake pops. I hope you can achieve this too with my product recomendation!
So, you have managed to create some tasty cake pops recipes. Now, when your cake pops are done, you might realise a small but frustrating problem: what to stand cake pops in?
Due to the nature of cake pops, you can’t just lay them on a normal flat. They need to be standing up to protect their chocolate dips or what have you.
This is where cake pops stands are very useful. You have 2 choices here: either you learn how to make cake pops stands out of your existing materials or you buy one off the shelf. Which option you choose depends greatly on what is the occasion for the use of the cake pops.
Buy cake pops stands for wedding or birthday parties
For formal occasions, I suggest you buy a nice looking stand from Amazon. In the past, this option was not even possible but due to the popularity of cake pops, manufacturers have specifically cake pops stands to satisfy this demand:
Cake pops stand for 50
It can hold up to 48 cake pops, which is more than enough for most occasions. If you need something that can hold up to 100 cake pops, I am afraid you might need to buy 2 or 3 of these as there is no model that can hold up to 100 cake pops at once.
The display itself is beautifully made with acrylic glass. Unlike the plastic versions, this look more elegant and is definitely great for a wedding party.
Price wise, it might be a bit on the high site but the design and the capacit will make this a worthwhile purchase.
Cake pops stand for 10
Likewise, prices are also cheaper.
Material wise, it is also made of acrylic glass, thus retaining its elegant look. Perfect for a small wedding party!
The transparent nature of the glass makes it easy to go with any color scheme that the wedding party might used.
Overall, this 2 models are highly recommended. Reviewers from Amazon also agreed that this is one of the top rated cake pops stands in the market today.
DIY cake pops stand
If you just want to make a cake pops stand for home use, here are some references that will give you a step by step guide on how to make your own cake pops stands.
- Wikihowto: DIY cake pops stand
- Kojo-design: DIY cake pops stand
- Formamas.blogspot.com: DIY cake pops stand
- AccessorizeandOrganize.blogspot.com: DIY cake pops stand
- Somethingshinyblog.com: DIY cake pops stand
- Homemakerchic.wordpress.com: DIY cake pops stand
Have fun making your own cake pops stand!
Here is a selection of the best selling cake pop pans that you can used when you are making these lovely cake balls. These cake pop pans serve as an alternative to the cake pop maker. By the way, if you are looking for the best cake pop maker, check out the link for our honest review.
Best cake pop pan for sale
The metal pan is light and perfect for baking round cakes such as cake pops. An importan thing to note when using this cake pop pan is to use some spray and floor before adding the dough so that the final product will not stick to the pan.
Besides cake pops, you can use this cake pop pan to bake other stuff such as baseball, basketball cakes etc. It is great for beginners and is a must have tool even for seasoned bakers.
Overall, 15 out of 18 customers have gave this product a 4 or 5 star review.
It is definitely worth checking for anybody who wants to learn how to make cake pops.
Wilton cake pop pan
When making cake pops, do note that you don’t have to fill the entire mold, just 2/3 of it will be sufficient as the cakes will become ‘bloated’ as they are baked. Also, do note that you need to take the cake pops careful to keep their beautiful shape.
Other than that, this wilton cake pop pan is great for baking cake pops.
Here is 1 alcohol cake pops recipe that I want to share with you.
The first one is rum cake pops. I love rum ice cream so I wanted to try the same thing on the cake pops. So, if you like to know how to make cake pops with rum favor, read on!
Here are the ingredient you need for this alcohol cake pops recipe:
- A box of Chocolate Cake Mix. If you need dark chocolate, you can change to a dark chocolate mix or a german chocolate mix
- 2 chocolate bars that you can melt
- A cup of rum. I use coconut rum
- 2 cups of coconut flakes to complement the coconut rum
- 0.5 cup of cream cheese frosting
The steps to making this is quite straight forward if you have make cake pops before.
Step 1: Bake a alcohol cake using the step by step instructions in the cake mix and the cup of rum. Once the cake is baked, mesh them into crumbs.
Step 2: During the meshing, mix int he cream cheese frosting and mold them into cake balls.
Step 3: Freeze the cake balls for about 20 minutes. You can also leave the balls into the non freezer part of the fridge for about 3-4 hours.
Step 4: Melt the chocolate bar when you want to eat the cake pops. Dip the cake pops into the melted chocolate and coat the outside with the coconut flakes for extra crunchiness.
Step 5: Leave the coated cake pops for around 15 minutes before enjoying them!
Hope you like this alcohol cake pops recipes! If you want to create perfectly shaped cake pops, why not consider buying a cake pop maker!
If you are that person who like taking desserts as you travel you must have come a across tiramisu cake pop recipe. This is description on what is required and how to mix different ingredients in order to make sweet cake balls. It has been reported that many people are making face book applications on tiramisu cake balls. They are obtained by baking a big cake then allowing it to cool for a few minutes then its broken into fine crumbs which are rolled and frozen to make thick balls.
Ingredients Used in Tiramisu Cake Pop Recipe
Even if you are not a professional chef you can use tiramisu cake pop recipe to make finger-liking cakes which can be used in birthday celebrations or be used as desserts. In order to make the best cake you require the following ingredients which are readily available as well as a cake pop maker to make the job easier for you. (If you need recommendations, check out our review on the best cake pop maker).
- 45 grams of brown and icing sugar each put in a different dish
- 1-2 teaspoonfuls f vanilla bean essence
- 2 cakes, unfilled, soft
- Crushed orie cookie crumbs
- 250grammes mascarpone, powder
- 5grammes espresso, crushed
- 40 millimeters kahlua
- Whipped cream
Method of preparing cake balls through tiramisu cake pop recipe
Mix the brown sugar, coffee powder and kahlua in a large bowl and stir to ensure that the three have mixed completely. Pour the vanilla; icing sugar and mascarpone in a large bowl and use a stirring stick to stir the mixture until a thick paste is formed.
Choose one sponge cake and use a clean knife to cut it into four pieces, use your hands to cut each piece into fine crumbs. You can grid two pieces of the cake against each other to make fine crumbs.
Mix the crumbled cakes with the mixture you made earlier. To get uniform fine paste you can use your hands to squeeze the two.
Roll the mixture to using the palms of your hands to made different balls after you are through with the rolling you should spread them on a clean base making sure that they do not come into contact with each other.
Put them under refrigeration for approximately three hours and serve with hot milk or coffee.
Other cake balls that can be prepared through tiramisu cake pop recipe
Most cooks have used tiramisu cake pop recipe to make different cakes which are very tasty. Some of the most common cake balls that use the same method are:
- Birthday cake pop repared by dipping vanilla cakes in chocolate which is later kept in the fridge to form crumbs.
- Rocky road cake pop:-It is made from roasted almonds which are mixed with chocolate cakes and cooled under refrigeration.
During this festive season you can make a change in your baking method by making several cake pops for your friends and family members. The task is simple and enjoyable if you use tiramisu cake pop recipe.